In an effort to make some money from my photography, I have:
- set up this blog, which apparently hardly anyone ever looks at, or if they do they think my photos are sh!tful, as only a couple of lovely regulars ever comment (you know who you are). I don’t think my work is any worse than a lot of stuff I see blogged, and I comment on other folks blogs, and put links to them from mine, it would be really nice to get the compliment returned.
- set up a RedBubble account and shop. I get a quite few features there in the various groups, lost of folk say they like my work, and I have sold exactly one calendar (to someone who’s cat was featured in it). How the hell do you sell stuff on RedBubble?
- set up a Zenfolio gallery (long standing). You guessed it, not one sale.
- Is my work substandard – so awful no one would ever want to buy it?
- How do others market their works?
- How do you get sales?
- What am I doing wrong?
If anyone has advice, please, before I go spare and the men in white coats come for me – share it!